Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Thirty-six years ago...

Thirty-six years ago on the Solemnity of the Assumption of Our Lady, I was ordained to the Sacred Priesthood by Archbishop Patrick Flores in San Fernando Cathedral, San Antonio, Texas.

At this same Mass the Parish of Our Lady of the Atonement was canonically erected, the founding members were received into full Catholic communion, and I was appointed to be the founding pastor.


Procession into the Cathedral of San Fernando
15 August 1983
for the Mass of Ordination.


Being examined by the Archbishop before priestly ordination.

The Litany of the Saints.
JoAnn (holding Sarah), my father and mother, my grandmother.
In the pew behind my family are some of the
Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus,
and I served as their Chaplain for several years.

The Laying on of Hands.
Bishop Popp, Archbishop Flores, Fr. Peter Scagnelli.

The Priest's First Blessing.

Our family at the time.
JoAnn (expecting Catherine), me, Sarah, Christian, Nathan.